Monday, October 5, 2009

A Nobel Prize

Although I don’t personally know Dr. Carol Greider, this morning I awoke with a sense of pride that this Johns Hopkins scientist was awarded the 2009 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for her 1984 discovery of an enzyme that is critical for our health and survival.

I am reminded that working at Johns Hopkins has afforded me the extraordinary opportunity to work with faculty members, who like Dr. Greider, make groundbreaking basic science discoveries that ultimately influence our health and wellbeing. I have learned so much from these physicians and researchers. They have furthered my understanding of medicine and science. That’s why I am so pleased that you too have an opportunity to learn from Johns Hopkins doctors.

I hope you will seize the chance to listen to 32 of these faculty members at this year’s Johns Hopkins women’s health conference, A Woman’s Journey. Hear about medical advances from pioneers in their fields. Have the opportunity to meet the physicians and ask them questions. You will learn lessons that will last a life time.

Hope to see you there,
Leslie

www.hopkinsmedicine.org/awomansjourney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest and contribution. Because we value the integrity of this blog, we ask that you share appropriate information, questions and insight. Defamatory, private and HIPAA-related, or unsuitable information will not be posted.