Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Tribute to a Great Lady

I haven’t written in a while; it’s been a difficult month.

My mother-in-law passed away after two years of declining health. During this time, I have thought a lot about her and her life. Thinking back, I realize that as a long-time breast cancer survivor she was an inspiration to many women. When she was afflicted with breast cancer more than 40 years ago, people didn’t speak about cancer. Certainly times have changed. Cancer prevention, early detection and treatment options are now frequent topics of discussion. We all want to be aware of the latest research findings and recommended therapies.

So, in my mother-in-law’s honor, I want to let you know about some important information that will be presented at this year’s Johns Hopkins Medicine's annual women’s health conference, A Woman’s Journey, on Saturday, November 14, 2009. Presentations by Johns Hopkins physicians will include:
· Preventing Cancer: You Are What You Eat
· Integrating Traditional Healing With Modern Medicine
· Antioxidants, Vitamins and Supplements
· Common Symptoms Women Shouldn’t Ignore
· New Advances in treating Breast Cancer
I hope you will join me at the conference. It will be in our own best interest as well as a tribute to all cancer survivors, including my mother-in-law.
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest and contribution. Because we value the integrity of this blog, we ask that you share appropriate information, questions and insight. Defamatory, private and HIPAA-related, or unsuitable information will not be posted.